Made from scratch!
PrepTime: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 – 25 mins
Total Time: 50 mins – 1 hour
Ingredients : Sweet-mini pepper spinach topping:
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 sweet mini peppers (yellow and red), sliced/chopped
- 4 oz baby spinach
- a handful of chopped basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cubes of cilantro seasoning
- sweet red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 packet of red star active dry yeast
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbs herb de Provence
- 1 tbs thyme
- 1 1/2 cups flour (unbleached white)
- ¼ cup semolina flour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Lisanatti Almond Style Vegan Mozzarella Cheese (Wholefoods)
- 5 tablespoon of tomato Pizza sauce
- 1/2 can of black olives
- pepper flakes
- choice of 1 slice of Sweet mini pepper as an additional topping
Sweet mini pepper spinach topping:
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add red onions and garlic and cook for 2mins. Add sliced/chopped sweet peppers and cook for 3 minutes. Add in spinach, basil, thyme, cilantro seasoning, and sweet red pepper flakes, mix in. Cook additional 3-5minutes.
Pizza Dough Mix:
- Mix warm water, yeast and sugar and let sit for a 3minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, semolina flour and oil, mix together with a spoon. Add diced 2 cloves of diced garlic, thyme, and herb de Provence. Mix the dough and knead together for about 30 seconds – 1 minutes. Let the dough sit in a warm place for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 435 degrees F.
- Rub a tablespoon of oil on the dough, then use some flour to spread the dough in a circular form (in a pizza shape) on a flat pan. Keep the bottom thick to support heavy toppings.
- Layer with pizza sauce, vegan mozzarella cheese, optional sweet mini pepper, sweet mini pepper spinach mixture, and olives.
- Bake at 435 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Shout out to Vegan Richa for her vegan deep dish recipe here where I adapted my recipe for this yummy pizza!